Tanya wants to go on a date and prefers her date to be tall, dark and handsome.
- Of the preferred traits - tall, dark and handsome - no two of Adam, Bond, Cruz and Dumbo have the same number.
- Only Adam or Dumbo is tall and fair.
- Only Bond or Cruz is short and handsome.
- Adam and Cruz are either both tall or both short.
- Bond and Dumbo are either both dark or both fair.
Cruz is Tanya's date.
As no two of them have the same number of preferred traits - from (1), exactly one of them has none of the preferred traits and exactly one of them has all the preferred traits.
From (4) and (5), there are only two possibilities:
* Adam & Cruz both are tall and Bond & Dumbo both are fair.
* Adam & Cruz both are short and Bond & Dumbo both are dark.
But from (2), second possibility is impossible. So the first one is the correct possibility i.e. Adam & Cruz both are tall and Bond & Dumbo both are fair.
Then from (3), Bond is short and handsome.
Also, from (1) and (2), Adam is tall and fair. Also, Dumbo is the person without any preferred traits. Cruz is Dark. Adam and Cruz are handsome. Thus, following are the individual preferred traits:
Cruz - Tall, Dark and Handsome
Adam - Tall and Handsome
Bond - Handsome
Dumbo - None :-(
Hence, Cruz is Tanya's date.