Google

The cigars

Puzzle:

Because cigars cannot be entirely smoked, a Bobo who collects cigar butts can make a cigar to smoke out of every 3 butts that he finds. Today, he has collected 27 cigar butts. How many cigars will he be able to smoke?

For Solution SCROLL DOWN...

Play Escape the Room Games.
































Solution:

He will be able to smoke 13 cigars.

He makes 9 originals from the 27 butts he found, and after he smokes them he has 9 butts left for another 3 cigars. And then he has 3 butts for another cigar. So 9+3+1=13

11 comments:

Aravinda Raghuram said...

13

from 27 cigar butts---he can make 9 cigars
which results in 9 cigar butts--from which he can make 3 cigars
which results in 3 cigar butts--from which he can make 1 cigar

so,total no.of cigars=9+3+1=13

Ayan Roy said...

13 cigars.
Explanation given by Chavali

Anonymous said...

13

Anonymous said...

Its 13...

nani said...

13 cigars...
sol:) 27/3 = 9
9/3 = 3
3/3 = 1
total = 13

since.. he makes a cigar 4m 3 butts

ankit_blacki said...

so easy......
13

Unknown said...

3 butts = 1 cigar + 1 butt (after cigar is smocked)
=>
1 cigar = 3 butts - 1 butt = 2 butts
=>
# of cigars = # of butts / 2
=>
27 / 2 = 13 cigars + 1 butt.

filtered cigars said...

I really loves the flavor of Cuban cigars just loves everything about it even its cartons are awesome I am really love with the taste it gives me.

Unknown said...

27cig butts=9 original
9cig butts=3 original
3 cig butts=1 original
therefore 9+3+1=13.
here one original cig= 3 cig butts

Unknown said...

it's not 13, its 12 2/3. you cant smoke the whole last cigar.

DavidJ said...

Sorry I'm not on my usual account. I'm away from my usual computer.

This was an easy, easy puzzle. Something I would give to my cousin in grade school. Hmm... maybe I will!

I got that he can smoke up to 13 cigars.

From 27 cigar butts he can make 9 cigars.
From 9 cigar butts he can make 3 cigars.
From 3 cigar butts he can make one last sweet, sweet cigar.

9 + 3 + 1 = 13 cigars smoked with one lonely cigar butt leftover...